Starting a Business
You’ve decided to become a business owner.
Wisconsin small businesses represent over 50% of the private work force and employ over 1.2 million people. You are an important part of Wisconsin’s economy – and you help Wisconsin communities thrive.
Business Building for Sustainable Growth
Being a new business owner can be overwhelming. Distractions abound. But with big dreams, a little luck and some planning, you can build a sustainable business. Our business attorneys can help you get your bearings as a new business owner and set you up for success.
Our legal services for new businesses help you:
- Select the right legal entity – LLC, C-Corp, S-Corp, Sole Proprietor, Partnership, etc.
- Obtain business financing that minimizes personal risk
- Protect your trade secrets and business assets
- Hire employees and independent contractors
- Develop reliable, understandable contracts as well as review, enforcement, modification and termination of contracts
- Create financial and legal protections for your business
- Stay in compliance with local, state and federal law
- Decide whether to lease or buy
- Create business succession plans for family members or employees